More Concerns for UK Manufacturing?
1.8% Drop in Manufacturing Year-on-Year in February
As reported in PRW, the latest performance data for the UK’s manufacturing industry raises a number of questions and concerns. A drop in production output of 1.8% on February 2015 is significant and must concern the UK Government. Whilst the arguments and discussions surrounding the UK retaining steel manufacturing capabilities rumble on, this latest data highlights the delicate and fragile nature of the economy.
From a manufacturer’s perspective, there is no point in dwelling on the past, but instead assess ways to forge the future. The UK has an excellent manufacturing industry that leads the world in many areas. Yes, the global economy is delicate and it is a far bumpier ride than prior to 2008, but there are still great opportunities for successful, creative and dynamic manufacturing companies.
Developing business overseas has always been challenging, but is a vital part of most manufacturing companies businesses. At Bunting, this was identified as a key part of our growth and so far this year we have:
Appointed New Representatives
- Appointed a new representative in South Africa and attended an international Plastics focused exhibition;
- Appointed a new representative in Belgium and attended their open day, giving a presentation on Metal Separation;
We are presently working on appointing new representatives in many other countries and if you are interested in joining the Bunting sales distribution network, then please contact us.
Plan to Exhibit in the UK and Overseas
Exhibiting our range of Magnetic Separators and Metal Detectors overseas has always proven successful and this year Bunting will be exhibiting at:
- Waste 16, AJ Bell Stadium, Salford (9th June 2016) – Bunting is the headline sponsor of Waste 16, an exhibition organised by Skip Hire Magazine. Focusing on the waste and recycling sector in the Northern part of the UK, the exhibition continues to grow and is a key show for the sector.
- RWM 2016, NEC, Birmingham (13th – 15th September 2016) – Following a very successful show in 2015, on stand 5T152-V153 Bunting will be demonstrating metal separation equipment for recovery and removal of metal from a wide variety of recycled and reclaimed materials.
- K-Show, Dusseldorf, Germany (16th – 26th October) – On stand C11 in Hall 10, Bunting is displaying Metal Separation equipment including a range of Magnetic Separators and Metal Detectors.
Developed and Launched New Technology
The new High Intensity Separation Conveyor (HISC), which is designed to separate weakly magnetic materials such as Stainless Steel and even Printed Circuit Boards, has proved to be a great success in the recycling industry (news as featured in HUB4 online). Despite the recycling industry suffering from low material prices, the HISC has enabled companies to recover more and cleaner metal, adding value.
What does the Future Hold?
There are many aspects of the Marketing Environment that remain outside the control of any company like the UK’s membership of the EU or dumping of low cost goods and materials by low cost manufacturing regions. By molding and changing those aspects within our control, UK manufacturing can continue to be a key part of the UK economy despite the future remaining challenging.
Comments and feedback from other UK manufacturing companies would be welcomed.
For further information, please contact Bunting on: