- Separate Work Hardened Stainless Steel
- Ultra-Powerful - 18,000 Gauss
- Remove Weakly Magnetic Materials
- Optional Vibratory Feeders
- High Quality, Low Maintenance
STAINLESS STEEL SEPARATORS
Stainless Steel Separation
The separation of Printing Circuit Boards is an issue for many recycling companies, especially those involved in WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment). PCBs contain a number of components mounted on a non-conductive substrate including capacitors, resistors and active devices. A PCB will contain gold, palladium, silver, copper and different hazardous materials, and cannot be disposed of in landfill. Once recovered, there are companies who specialise in recovering the precious metals from the PCBs, but firstly, these need to be recovered from a waste stream.
Bunting’s HISC Magnetic Separator is commonly installed after primary Magnetic Separation and Eddy Current Separation and is used to either remove weakly magnetic materials from the primary product to produce a clean recycled material (eg UPVC window frames, recycled plastics, etc), or recover valuable materials (eg stainless steel and PCBs).
The strength of the magnetic field is far greater than standard magnetic separators, extending the separation capabilities from just removing ferrous and strongly magnetic materials to materials that have a very low magnetic susceptibility.
High Intensity Separation Conveyor
The Bunting Magnetics HISC offers
- Bunting HISC™ has 2 standard pulley diameters, 4” and 6” which have extremely high gauss fields for separation of paramagnetic and work-hardened stainless steel.
- The frame is formed from heavy duty 4.75mm metal with forklift lifting slots through the frame.
- HISC™ has 4.75mm sideguards over the flexwall belt to seal off and contain the flow.
- Standard tough urethane belt to match the application for maximum effectiveness.
- Optional conveyor lengths available for the addition of overhead Overband Magnets towards in feed.
- Optional Variable Frequency Drive allows optimal separation of belt speeds between 60 and 200 fpm.
- Optional Vibratory Feeders to spread material to single layer for maximum separation effectiveness.
- Optional support frames and/or machine bases to tie into your current system.
|Model||HISC 60-180||HISC 100-180||HISC 120-240|
|Magnetic Pulley Diameter (mm)||100||100||100|
|Capacity (kg) Product||420-960||700-1600||850-1900|
- Auto ASR Stainless Steel Separation
- Zurik Stainless Steel Purification
- Plastic Flake Purification
- Medical Waste Separation
- Electronic Recycling
PR034 New Magnetic Stainless Steel Separator at RWM
On stand 5T152-V153 at RWM 2015, Bunting Magnetics Europe is launching the High Intensity Separation Conveyor (HISC) for the separation of magnetically susceptible stainless steel and fine iron contamination from shredded and granulated materials.
High Intensity Separator Conveyor
Intended Applications: Magnetic separation of small work hardened 300 Stainless Steel and para-magnetic chips
The High Intensity Separation Conveyors (HISC) from Bunting Magnetics are very powerful and are ideal for a range of recycling industries such as plastics, electronics and automotive. They have been specifically designed to separate things like small work hardened 300 stainless steel and para-magnetic pieces from auto steel fraction that has been shredded as well as materials from ground plastic. The industry as a whole is very excited about this piece of equipment because the kind of metal and material separation that was nigh on impossible to achieve until recently, is now made possible and a new level of product purity is attainable thanks to the extremely powerful magnetic separation conveyor.
Through the use of Magnetic Finite Element Design software, the engineers at Bunting have been able to optimise the magnetic field strength to produce some of the highest surface gauss intensities in the wider industry. Although the field height is fairly low, the design allows for very strong fields which will attract, hold and extract materials with even very weak magnetic materials such as small screws found inside scrapped computers, stainless steel razor blades, chips that might be attached to green boards and stainless steel sheet metal found on hard drives. The high intensity separator conveyor is also very useful for picking up and separating stainless steel from shredded automotive parts and machinery.