Take a look at what we offer below!
Equal Opportunities Policy
BME is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to equality of opportunity for existing and potential employees, by promoting a work environment free from discrimination in the following areas: race, religion or religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.
This applies to all aspects of BME’s working practices including recruitment and selection of employees. All employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities and will not be influenced or affected by an employee’s race, religion or religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Full time hours 8:00am – 16:45pm
Although this is advertised as a grinding role to accurately machine our large magnetic rollers, the role will be varied and include turning and assembly of our products.
- Load and operate machines, whilst ensuring health and safety standards are met
- Grinding and turning of large magnetic assemblies, up to Diam 300mm and 2m in length. Some small precision grinding will also be required.
- Assembling of components prior to machining
- Safe lifting of assemblies, using cranes and forklifts – a forklift licence would be desirable
- Meet the quality requirements of our products
- Maintain and uphold a clean and tidy work area
Required skills and experience
- previous experience working within a controlled manufacturing environment
- grinding experience is necessary and other machining skills would be desirable
- able to read drawings and use measuring equipment, such as micrometres and verniers
- an ability to work as part of a team and liaise with personnel at all levels
- be well organised, self-disciplined and an ability to concentrate
Competitive salary, 20 days of holidays (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus fully paid Christmas shut down, company pension, life assurance, healthcare benefits
Please send your CV to
Lucia Murinova, HR Officer email@example.com or phone 01442 291 732 for more details.