Busy Stand for Bunting Magnetics at RWM
At this year’s rejuvenated RWM Exhibition (NEC, Birmingham, 12th – 13th September), the Bunting Magnetics and Master Magnets stand proved to be a great success. Being positioned in a prime stand in front of the entrance, and with working metal separators on the stand, visitors were drawn to see the latest developments in magnetic separation technology.
At an event in the Google headquarters in London, RWM exhibition manager Nick Woore announced their intention to inject new life into the show. The plans sounded positive, although there was still a great deal of doubt from many exhibitors. In fact, in 2018 the number of exhibitors were lower than in 2017, but visitors numbers were higher.
“It was great to see people queuing outside the entrance on the first morning of the exhibition,” said Dave Hills, Bunting’s Head of Sales. “As soon as the doors opened, our stand was full of visitors.”
Bunting had two operating production-sized metal separators on the stand:
- Eddy Current Separator – for separating and recovering non-ferrous metals;
- Stainless Steel Magnetic Separator – the SSSC version for recovering large fist-sized balls of fragmented stainless steel;
Dave Hills also gave two presentations on ‘Stainless Steel Separation in Modern Day Recycling’.
“Being able to show visitors the separation capabilities of the equipment was vitally important,” explained Hills. “This made it easier to relate to their metal separation requirements. Following the exhibition we will be conducting tests at our Master Magnets Redditch laboratory, where we can confirm the separation capabilities. It is going to be a busy few months.”
Hills also explained the importance of a successful RWM. “Recycling and good waste management is no longer an option but a necessity and it is essential that there is a UK based trade event. We are looking forward to hearing how the organisers plan to further develop RWM for 2019.”
More photographs from the RWM exhibition can be seen on our Flickr photograph album.
For further information metal separation equipment designed for removing metal from plastic waste and in other recycling applications, please visit our website or contact us on:
Photographs taken by Paul Fears Photography
Other Plastic Waste & Recycling Articles
- 3 Facts About Plastics Packaging Waste;
- Global Definition of Recyclable Plastic Packaging and Products Released
- Plastics and the Environment;
- HFS Drawer Magnet Removes Metal from Recycled Plastics;
- 3 Types of Ferrous Metal Found in Plastics Recycling;
- Is Recycling in the UK Reaching Crisis Point?
- 3 UK Waste and Recycling Facts