Record Sales for In Line Magnets in 2016
A record 28 Pneumatic In-Line Magnets (PIMs) have been supplied to a major global Baby Food products company in Germany. The Magnetic Separators are installed into food processing lines to attract and remove any magnetically susceptible materials.
Metal is commonly found in food during processing. The metal can originate from a breakdown of processing equipment (e.g. failure of a screen or pump), or even be delivered with the food raw materials. The vast majority of food producers use Magnetic Separators and Metal Detectors to remove and detect any rogue metal before any food product leaves the production plant.
Pneumatic In-Line Magnets (PIMs) are specifically designed for installation into pneumatic conveying systems. The 28 supplied for the Baby Food application are fitted with extremely powerful Neodymium Iron Boron Rare Earth Magnets. These produce the highest magnetic field and capture even small shards of metal and work-hardened stainless steel.
The internal design of the PIM ensures that the product flow is not compromised. The powerful flat-faced magnet with two tapered-steps is mounted on one side of the PIM and swings out from the body for easy cleaning. To ensure there is no leakage during operation, the flat-faced magnet is held firmly into place by long-threaded bolts.
The key design features of the PIM are:
- Designed for unobstructed product flow;
- Compression couplings speed in-line installation;
- For dilute phase conveying up to 15 psi;
- Best suited for horizontal installation;
- Optional portable cart available for easy handling;
- Powerful Rare Earth magnetic field covers entire cross-section of product flow;
- High-energy Rare Earth tapered step plate magnets are standard;
- Magnet swings out for easy cleaning;
- All finishes available including food and sanitary;
Other articles discussing ‘Metal In Food’ include Green Beans Found Contaminated with Metal at Morrisons and Metal found in Sainsbury’s Bread.
For more information on the Pneumatic In-Line Magnet or any Magnetic Separator, please contact our team on:
Phone: +44 (0) 1442 875081